Wednesday 18 July 2007

Dave...... What are you doing Dave?

What’s going on today? I’m reading around a few blogs and nobody is saying anything major in particular. There are none of the usual fiery, witty cynicisms that always populate the blogosphere.
Twenty’s apathetic about the news, Sweary’s regurgitating the current state of things without her usual poignant, razor sharp edge and Grandad has withdrawn his fatwah on sunglasses on head people and tourists.
Even I was on my way into work this morning with a big bag of ‘I’ll kill ya’ ready to write about how MCD are cunts but now that I’m here, it’s like a wave of apathy has swept over me and I couldn’t give a shite whether or not they continue to rip kids off or, by providing piss poor security, endanger people’s lives.
It’s got me thinking though, something’s going on. I think that bloggers are being taken over by mysterious forces controlled by his Bertness or some other superior power in an effort to control what we say. A huge cloud of ‘I don’t know the fuck’ has descended over the blogosphere and is seeping through our neural cortices.
It hasn’t fully got me yet though but I may not last much longer, people, if there is anyone left out there that has full cranial control you need to do something fast!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fatwah withdrawal is only temporary. It resumes at the weekend.

And I just got two Japanese tourists [I didn't say anything about not running 'em over].

And there is no way His Bertiness can take over my head. My 5 trillion brain cells can beat his two cells any day.

JC Skinner said...

I mentioned Homer and Pagans, ffs!

Jason said...

That was yesterday JC, I meant today.

Jason said...

@Grandad, as long as it's only temporary, that's OK.

Baino said...

That's rich from someone who's just spent four days doing the impossible quizz!

JC Skinner said...

Today, it's the Supreme Court. Satisfied?

Anonymous said...

go on with ye now. yer full of ould shit and ye know it