Tuesday 12 June 2007

Letter to Customer Services

I don't know if any of you travel by public transport in Ireland. I do and it's shite. Every day delays, train failures. This one's the latest.



Dear Sir/Madam,

It's great to see that the summer has finally arrived. But all of this beautiful weather has it's draw backs, namely travelling to and from work with Iarnroid Eireann.

Yesterday, 11.06.07, I took the 6.** train from D******* to Dublin Pearse. At that time, the dawn chill was still in the air and I was very surprised to find that the aircon was up full, generating what could only be described as near Arctic conditions on the train. This wasn't too bad as I had a fleece and was able to keep warm by flapping my arms vigorously by my side and running up and down the carriage making penguin noises.

The really big issue I had was on the way home, I took the 16.** train from Pearse to D*******. When the train arrived, I got on and stepped into what could only be described as a smelting furnnace. There was NO aircon on in this one and I nearly melted on the spot. This was also one of those cleverly designed trains, you know the ones, airtight with no windows that could double up as gas chambers should the need arise. The journey was one of the most uncomfortable journeys I have ever undertaken, and I've done a few, including a 28 hour bus journey through mountain dirt roads in China.

This ranks as one of the worst. I'd say I lost approx 5 Kg in sweat and the air was so stifling that it almost brought on several Asthma attacks (luckily I had my inhaler with me)*.

Now, it doesn't take the logic of Einstein to figure this one out so I'm not going to go into what the solution would be, but I would be very grateful if you could please advise the drivers to switch on the air conditioning at the appropriate times.

Thanks and best regards,

Berties 3rd Nipple

*I'm not joking about the Asthma attacks. The little emergency hammer was nearly used to break open a window to let some air in.

Can't wait to see if the cunts reply, although given their previous track record they probably won't.

3 comments:

Barry said...

There used to be a great journal on the BBC website of a commuters ordeal at getting a train in London. He asked for people to write in stories of their worst experiences. One guy recounted the following:
Standing at the platform and the PA announces: The 14.43 service from "anywhere" is arriving at platform 4. Please do not board this train...pause...because it's on fire!" Priceless!

Anonymous said...

Fuckin ay!! One time one of Irish Rails finest moments was when one of my commuter trains caught fire at Donabate station. The driver had to announce 4 times for passengers to leave the train. NOBODY (including me) MOVED for fear of losing their seat. Eventually IR staff had to run up and down the train telling people to get out!!!!

JC Skinner said...

You think you've got it bad:

http://skinflicks.blogspot.com/2006/10/backing-blair-on-public-transport.html