Friday 6 July 2007

Breaking Moos!!!

For several months, I had been observing and closely monitoring an unusual kind of bovine behaviour. My journey to and from work on the train takes me past several fields of grazing cows. In each field and with each herd the behavioural pattern is the same, and that is, whenever a herd is grazing, every cow will face in exactly the same direction.
At first I thought it was to do with the wind until I noticed that on a particularly breezy day, the wind was from the East and the cows in one field faced North East but the cows in the next field faced North West. I could rule wind direction out.
For my next theory I had to look to the skies and to flocks of birds. I had often wondered how birds that flew in massive flocks knew when to turn so that they didn’t all collide until an ornithologist friend told me that they keep an eye on the bird to their front and the bird to their right and maintain the same distance apart.
Maybe I could apply this to my cow theory but after several days of observing the movements of the herds, I couldn’t find the pattern that could lead me to conclusively prove that this was the case.
I was at a dead end with my theorising, until last night that is. I was casually chatting to my Druid friend, Lugh, who whilst recently reading ancient Gaelic texts discovered that the nearby Newgrange or Brú na Bóinne as it is in the Gaelic was mistranslated from the original text and should actually read as Mú na Bóinne.
This was the breakthrough I was waiting for, Mú na Bóinne, the Moo of the Cows! What did the cows have to do with Newgrange, or Moogrange as it should be correctly called? When I explained my recent theories to Lugh he got very excited and explained that as a dowser he found that Moogrange was built on an intersection of leylines. So the cows built Moogrange? They must have done, along with other similar structures at Cowth and Loughmoo near Oldcastle. What a bombshell!!
Lugh showed me the map that he had drawn up from his dowsing. I had the answer right there. A series of leylines running parallel to the train tracks. They all face the same direction because of leylines. I’ve always believed that cows retained an ancient knowledge and knew stuff, and you know, they've never found a cow that has died of natural causes so for all we know they may live forever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that is so profound, I don't even know where to start.

Anonymous said...

Cheers k8, I do have the odd moments of clarity amid the hangovers.

Baino said...

That's really amoosing!
(Gawd forgive me)